Thursday, July 17, 2008

~MⓐGGⓘE Got in!~

So I decided to enroll Maggie in a Dual Language Class at school. She is going to be in Kindergarten. I went to our first meeting about the class and we were told that this is a new thing at our school and if you
want your child to be in the class you must be willing to keep them in
it until they are in 6th Grade! Mainly they don't want parents taking
their children out of the class if they (the parents) don't think
that their child likes it anymore or whatever. The class will be 50% english
speaking children and 50% spanish speaking children. They will be taught Spanish for the next few years. Thing is....each year they will get a new teacher but they will have the same students as the year before. Weird. I figure that this is going to be one tight group. I am so excited for her to learn Spanish. My grandmother and mother speak spanish and would love to hear her speak their launguage. I hope to learn along the way. I am also excited that her cousins are also in the class. Katie and Mason will be with her for the next so many years. They are close now but It will make a stronger bond I'm sure. Family is the best
thing ever. Madison is praying that her cousin Jacob will be in her class. They were not in the same class last year but when they were at recess they were connected at the hip. She loves her cousin. She is actually with him right now spending the night. They are 4 months apart and they truly are a mess when they
are together. I am sad that Maggie is going to be starting school this year and that Madison is getting so big but I'm excited for the new friends and everything new that comes with school.

3 comments:

Nate*n*Cass said...

that is such an awesome thing! i am so glad that she will have this oppurtunity.. she will be so grateful for it when she is older! you are helping her out a lot more than you think! :)

Kim said...

The class sounds awesome, I am sure she will LOVE it!

britni said...

My husband is dying to get our kids in the same program here. He is fluent in spanish as well, so I think it will be great! Good luck MAGGIE!