Monday, July 14, 2008

Day one of my Blog

Well, I am new to the blogging world and I think that it's time to give this a try. I think documenting my families life in words and pictures is extremely important. I want to be able to look back and share this with my family. I have a horrible memory and writing all of the days events will help me. I hope to document our lives weekly and I hope I am able to stick with it. My girls will appreciate all of this when they are older.



So today has been a pretty busy day. After breakfast I took the girls to our newly updated park in town and it was great seeing the girls play so nice together. It didn't last long, they started to get annoyed with each other, but It was fun while it lasted. I then decided to take them to get a snow cone and as luck would have it both of the snow cone stands in our tiny little town were closed. So the girls were pretty bummed. I didn't want to go home yet to do all of the things that awaited me, like laundry, sweeping, dinner, dusting and well you get the idea. I took the girls to the library and it was obviously long over due. They loved it! We sat and read some books but Maggie on the other hand didn't want me to read she wanted to make up her own words for what she was seeing on each page. She can't read yet but she is so ready to learn. I finally did get to look around for a while in the "Grown up" section. I had a really good time and I know the girls did too. We were there for a little over an hour. By the time we got into the car to head home they brought up the snow cone stand again. Truth be told I really wanted one too. We still haven't had lunch yet but I figured we could live a little. So much to my surprise they were finally opened and we all tried new flavors. My snow cone was Blue Lagoon and it sort of tasted like a bathroom cleaner smells. Madison tried the Margarita. I know what your thinking. Why is she letting her 8 year old try a Margarita flavor. Look it's alcohol free people. Maggie wanted to try it too but she wanted to also try the bubble gum flavor...YUCK...she didn't like the two mixed and neither did Madison or myself. We get home finally to have some much needed lunch and by the time the girls sat down Jed and Jake come in and Jed starts telling us about his trip to Kansas. When the girls were done eating and Jed was done with his story they all decided that it would be fun to drive the Mule to John's office. I let them go and I cleaned the kitchen as fast as I could so I could join Blogger and start my new page. Fun Fun. I still need to mess around with it to make it exactly the way I want it to look, but for now what I have will work. I need to go now b/c James just got home and I need to finish preparing for dinner. We are having my awesome Burrito casserole and its the girls favorite. James is a happy guy as long as there is dinner when he gets home. He's always starving. My man works hard and for that I love him.

:D

2 comments:

Nate*n*Cass said...

Hey girl.. I didnt read yet.. but I saw the pics at the bottom.. not sure which daughter it is.. but the set of pics on up from the bottom.. the little girl on the right.. looks just like youuu! you have such beautiful girls!! okay im going to read now.. ahha

Nate*n*Cass said...

ur such a good mommy- sounds like so much fun! magarita snow cone sounds pretty good to me.. i want that burrito casserole recipe.. if its that good, i bet nate would looove it!! nate is like james.. he wants to eat when he gets home! LOL