Sunday, November 16, 2008

Burrrrr

So I did in fact go to the fall fest and I only took one child. Maggie was so bummed that Madison decided she wanted to stay with her cousin Jacob and build a fire with her Uncle John. Maggie is NOT shy but with out Madison she is a bit more reserved. I painted faces and she stood next to me the whole time. We FROZE our tails off. It was so cold and windy that my hands were barely able to paint. I then got moved to a fishing booth. I clipped candy on the end of a fishing pole and the kids seemed to love it. I thought It was kind of corny, but none the less the children were having a great time. Maggie on the other hand was shivering because she wasn't running around like the rest of the kids. She was sitting next to me and refused to go and play. She wanted me to paint her face but I had to move to the fishing station and when my time was up helping out I was too cold to stand in the face painting line. I felt sorry for her because she thought that she was going to go to the Fall Fest and have an amazing time jumping in the fun house and getting candy and playing games like the rest of the kids. She told me that If I took her to Wal-mart she would be okay with not getting something painted on her face. I was all for that Idea......until we got to Wal-mart and she decided one thing really wasn't enough. She felt that she needed three things to make her feel better about the bad day she was having. I was fine with it. It's not like I do this all the time anyway. We walked down isle after isle looking and searching for the best three things she could find. She found an Art Carrying case that had markers, crayons, map colors, glue and paper. She was in heaven. This is my artsy child. She colors all the time and loves for me to tell her just how marvelous she is at it. Then we went to the Shoes and she found some Ugg like boots that she had to have because MOM has some and "We can wear them on the same day and look alike." Last we went down the candy isle and she found some Christmas candy cane holder with chocolate in it. She had to have it. So I gave it to her. She was so sweet and so good while we were freezing out booties off at the fall fair, I couldn't say no to the three items she wanted. They weren't crazy expensive and we were able to spend some quality time together...one on one. We got home and James and Madison were making a fire in our wood burning stove. I love that thing. We took baths and got cozy in bed and watched The Wizard of Oz. It was a good day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I'm trying out this blogging thing too! You should help me out when you get a chance. We should get together this weekend with the girls! Call me when you get a sec!

shone said...

Ok, so you have three friends on here but are they really friends??? I don't know any of them.